# OmniOS Documentation
As of April 2017, OmniTI has suspended active development of OmniOS (see the announcement in [omnios-discuss](https://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2017-April/008699.html)). The community has come together to release [OmniOS Community Edition](https://www.omniosce.org). OmniOSce is the future of OmniOS.
* Latest downloads
* Stable: [ISO](http://omnios.omniti.com/media/OmniOS_Text_Stable_latest.iso), [USB](http://omnios.omniti.com/media/OmniOS_Text_Stable_latest.usb-dd), [PXE](http://omnios.omniti.com/media/OmniOS_Kayak_Stable_latest.zfs.bz2)
* LTS: [ISO](http://omnios.omniti.com/media/OmniOS_Text_LTS_latest.iso), [USB](http://omnios.omniti.com/media/OmniOS_Text_LTS_latest.usb-dd), [PXE](http://omnios.omniti.com/media/OmniOS_Kayak_LTS_latest.zfs.bz2)
* [Installation](Installation) - How to install OmniOS.
* [Release Notes](ReleaseNotes) - Release-specific information.
* [Release Cycle](ReleaseCycle) - Releases and their update schedules
* [Freezing](GeneralAdministration#StayingOnARelease) - How to remain on a previous release
* [Inter-release Planning](Intervals) - Work that happens between releases
* [Admin Guide](GeneralAdministration) - How to run OmniOS.
* [VirtualBox Notes](VirtualBoxNotes) - Known issues when running under [Oracle VM VirtualBox](https://www.virtualbox.org/)
* [VMware Notes](VMwareNotes) - Getting OmniOS running under VMware products.
* [EC2 How-to](Ec2Ami) - Creating an EC2 AMI
* [Dev Environment](DevEnv) - Getting a basic development environment set up
* [Man Page Sections](ManSections) - Locations of documentation
* [Reporting Bugs](BugReports) - How to report issues
* [Build Instructions](BuildInstructions) - How to build OmniOS.
* [Preparing release media](ReleaseMedia) - How to create the release media
* [Doing a Weekly Release](WeeklyReleaseHowto) - How to prepare a weekly release
* [Vagrant Baseboxes](VagrantBaseboxes) - Creating a Vagrant base box for OmniOS.
* [The Mission](OmniOSJeOS) - Producing a self-hosting, stripped-down OS for production deployments.
* [Keep Your S**t To Yourself](KYSTY) - Embracing a minimalist principle
* [Packaging](Packaging) - Details on where OmniOS packages live and how we make them.
* [Creating Repos](CreatingRepos) - Everything Lives in a Repo so here is how to create one.
* [More Info](MoreInfo) - Links to external sources of additional information.
## Join the Conversation
* IRC: #omnios and #illumos on Freenode
* [OmniOS-discuss](http://lists.omniti.com/mailman/listinfo/omnios-discuss) - general discussion mailing list (no longer maintained)
* [illumos mailing lists](http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/illumos+Mailing+Lists)
* [OmniOSce - The Future of OmniOS](https://www.omniosce.org)